KBID – Block Island State Airport is a public use airport located on Block Island, in Washington County, Rhode Island, United States. The airport is owned by the State of Rhode Island. The airport opened in 1950 and it is primarily a general aviation airport. It has one runway, an average of 45 flights per day consisting of general aviation, air taxi services and military.
Pilot Plus has gone above and beyond pushing the limits of the X-plane simulator with KBID – Block Island. From the incredibly detailed ortho-imagery to the luscious 3D vegetation surrounding the airfield, every aspect has been replicated to ensure you can enjoy the most realistic experience when flying.
- Whole island Ortho coverage at 30cm/pixel
- over 25,000 hand placed objects
- Baked ambient occlusion
- Dense foliage and forestry
- Comprehensive building coverage
- Abundant custom vegetation including grass and bushes
- Marine Traffic with detailed Yacht model
- Ground Traffic routes in airfield
- Custom 3D South Lighthouse