Ayers Rock for X-Plane 10/11 aims to provide an as-real-as-it-gets replica of Ayers Rock Connellan Airport and its picturesque surroundings in the Australian Outback.
For many hundreds of years, the Ayers Rock has been a holy site to local tribes of Aborigines. Discovered as a touristic destination in the 20th century, the impressive sandstone formation and the surrounding “Olgas” Stone massive are perceived as emblem of Australia. Opened up by the Australian flight pioneer Edward Connellan in the 1950s, Ayers Rock Connellan Airport has become an important Australian airport handling many daily flights from all over Australia and serving the state of Western Australia.
At its tremendous 25000 km2 coverage, it invites you to compelling VFR-flights through the famous ,,Outback” of Western Australia, scheduled airline services and many other adventurous operations.
So, pack your suitcase, and off we go to embrace the unique opportunity of visiting Australia´s most picturesque place!
Our product defines itself by:
- A very faithful rendition of Ayers Rock Conellan Airport, featuring it´s surroundings as the neighbouring holiday village of Yulara and many other landmarks
- A prodigiously comprehensive 25000km2 photo scenery at 15, 30 and 60 cm/pixel resolution available extra free of charge
- Spectacular natural sites as the Ayers Rock or the Kata Jutja Stone massive (also known as the “Olgas”) which invite you to amazing VFR-Flights
- Meticulously built ground textures at 1, 2 and 5 cm/pixel resolution based on thorough research
- More than 200 sublimely handcrafted replicas of airport buildings, vehicles and clutter objects equipped with 2K & 4K-Textures, giving highest attention to details, featuring many animations and authentic Night textures
- 9 superb static planes unique to the location of Ayers Rock Airport
- Putting emphasis on a vivid setting: A total of 70 Ground Traffic animations evoke an as-real-as-it-gets atmosphere
- Being one of the first X-Plane sceneries to feature animated ground staff personell, as there are more than 20 animated ramp agents, marshaller, crew members and 50 static passengers
(feature currently exclusive to XP10)
- Several airport “scenes” like an animated business jet arrival with follow me car deployment
You can download an additional 25’000km2 of photo scenery here supplied by RIM & Company.